To help you achieve more conversions at an efficient cost, we’re evolving TrueView for action and scaling its best features to more places with Video action campaigns. Video action campaigns allow you to reach more customers in high-performing places on and off YouTube–all within one campaign. Starting early 2022, all existing TrueView for action campaigns will automatically upgrade to Video action campaigns.
To start preparing for these changes, we recommend creating new Video action campaigns by choosing the responsive ad group type during campaign setup in Google Ads. You can also copy standard ad groups from your existing TrueView for action campaigns and paste them as responsive ad groups for Video action campaigns. If you’d like to continue creating TrueView for action campaigns, you can do so until September 30, 2021.
Here are some important dates to keep in mind as we evolve TrueView for action:
- September 30, 2021: You won’t be able to create new TrueView for action campaigns, but your existing TrueView for action campaigns can continue to run. To ensure you achieve the best performance across all Google networks, Video action campaigns now run across YouTube’s Home feed, watch page, and watch next feed, and on Google video partners.
- Early 2022: Google Ads automatically upgrades all TrueView for action campaigns to Video action campaigns and opts all Video action campaigns into new inventories on all Google networks.
Differences between Video action campaigns and TrueView for action campaigns
Video action campaigns use responsive ad groups, and TrueView for action campaigns use standard ad groups. Each ad group type has some differences that you should keep in mind:
- Ad formats: Responsive ad groups can use a mix of skippable in-stream ads and video discovery ads within one campaign, while standard ad groups only use skippable in-stream ads.
- Inventory: Responsive ad groups are designed to get you as many conversions as possible, so they show in more places on and off YouTube (for example, the YouTube Home feed). Standard ad groups only show on the YouTube watch page and Google video partners.
- Ad assets: Since responsive ad groups allow you to use video discovery ads, you can add a longer headline and a description to your ad (in addition to the ad assets that come with skippable in-stream ads). The longer headline and the description appear when the ad runs on the YouTube Home feed.